thinking of getting pregnant

I want to have another baby but my husband wants us to wait until we are in a bigger house. My son is 2 1/2, and I don't want the age gap to be too huge, ya know? How can I convince him? (and no, I am NOT going to trick him into it)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Hmmm. Well how big is your current house?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You and your husband both just need to sit down and talk about it. Being in a bigger house may be important to him but not to you. And not wanting a big age gap is important to you but maybe not him. Before either of you can decide you need to talk about it and be on the same page. Maybe you can compromise. Say you'll start TTC in 6 months when your LO is 3, regardless of if you're in a bigger house or not. Things have a way of working themselves out. Just be patient and talk about it. GL.
    Anonymous

• my house is a 3-br and we have one child so far. The extra bedroom is my husband's office for now. The house is a little under 1200 sq ft, so we just want more room to move around in.... The way i figure, we have a year from when I get pregnant to actually get a bigger house (the baby would sleep in our room for the first 2-3 months in a bassinet)
    Anonymous

• hmmm I can see how that would seem crampt. Also I think your husband probably would be able to work better if his office was outside the home. Do you have a Garage? Those can make for great offices and are quiet. If you guys do have an enother child soon, this will be something he will need. Also if you want more living space, you can utilize the space you have buy arranging your furniture to do so. You can get rid of things that you really don't need or use and make a little cash of it as well. Run this buy your husband and see if it helps. GL.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• by, not buy. sorry. lol.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• soonmommy.... it's his home office. He has a job outside the home that he goes to, this is more or less where he goes to play guitar and stuff.
    Anonymous

• just realized I'll be a week late starting my next month of BC due to scheduling for my yearly check-up.....
    Anonymous