he just wont go...AUGH

ok so my 2yr old son constantly tells me he has to pee and wants to go potty but yet when i take him ( seems like every 5mins) he wont go..we sit and sit and sit and sit with no success then i give up (after 30 mins) and put the diaper back on and two mins later he pees in it...im at my wits end as to how get him to go on the potty and not in his diaper..we have tried undies but he does the same thing it seems like ive tried everything im looking for any new ideas on how to get him to pee in the potty....thanks...

ps any negative comments wont be tolerated and will be reported then deleted..have a great day and remember smile cuz god loves you....

connorsmom22607

Asked by connorsmom22607 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be that he is just not ready to be potty trained. I would wait three or four months and try again. If you keep pushing it might turn into a battle of wills, and that is never good. I did this with my first and he continued to pee his pants until he was four. Good luck.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I agree. SOunds like he just isn't ready yet. My 2 yr old will happily tell me when he poops (usually as he's getting started), will happily sit on his potty in his diaper but won't go near it otherwise. I'm simply going to wait a few more months before trying again.
    Anonymous