Tummy time?

How can I get my daughter to have fun with tummy time. EVERY time I try she screams and screams and screams. I've tried propping her up using a wedge, putting toys where she can see them and reach for them, bought her an activity mat, put her on my chest and then onto the floor, put her on the bed...everything I can think of. But she still hates it. Any suggestions? (She's almost 3 mos)

AutumnsMom31309

Asked by AutumnsMom31309 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are doing everything you should be doing. it's hard to see the Lo's cry like that I understand. Just do it a couple times a day for about 5 mins at a time and gradually increase. Just let her cry, but let her see you dont leave her by herself. I was the mom who NEVER put her son on his tummy because he cried so loud. NEVER did it. my son didnt crawl until 11 months old because of it and now has weak shoulder muscles.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 3:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• start by laying her on top of your belly.. is something new to them but the more you do it the faster they get adapt to it. do not give up. soon she will be rolling from side to side
    janesky

Answer by janesky at 2:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my son was the same way, he screamed at all tummy time. the only way he would have tummy time was proped up on his boppy, his tummy wasnt completly on the floor but he was still getting the workout ,of pushing on the pillow. i think he just didnt like it b/c he coulnt see every ting. he eventually liked it about 4-41/2 mos, hes 5mos and is already rolling in both directions, and picking his whole body off the ground. so i guess it worked well. good luck.
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my daughter hated it too, actually still does at times I just tried and tried. What worked the best for her was when I had her belly mat in front of a mirror and she saw herself and me in it she would try to look at us and she would hold up and lift. She is six months and is starting to roll over I know its behind from most but she did it in her own time and she lifts up she has moments she hates it still but I still make her do it but she is getting so use to it. Just give it time it will come around.
    LaitonLysette

Answer by LaitonLysette at 11:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009