Sex after baby...?!?

Now that she is here I don't ant to have sex anymore...It doesn't interest me, and before we had a great sex life! Now, it's just nothing I am kinda freaked about how it will feel, and I don't even want to do anything sexual anymore...i don't even like it when he talks dirty or tries to be all lovey..it makes me kinda mad...my husband says it can't always be this way but i can't help it!! I just don't want it...anyone else feeling the same???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• My SO is constantly all over me. Yes, after DS I wanted it less and less... but I still want it WAYYY less than him, but he still acts like we're in college! He wakes me up EVERY MORNING to try and get some, and then again EVERY NIGHT and it's gotten to the point where it ANNOYS the HELL out of me! Now, I'm so good for 2-3 times a week, but everyday is just a little much anymore.
    Plus, men use sex as a DE stresser and for a lot of women they need to be destressed BEFORE they get in the mood, so that could be it, too.
    It gets a little better after the first few months, but your sex drive will never be the same as it once was. Or at least, mine isn't
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• you'll get over it! i mean you just had a baby and your body is going through the change of getting "back to normal" and with that comes crazy hormones, and you are probably overtired and stressed out! once the baby gets into an easier routine and you get adjusted and healed, I'm sure things will get back to the way they were!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I felt the same way! I just felt all stretched out and flabby not to mention exhausted.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• If your body is healed you may just have to fake it until you feel it again...at least some of the time. It is different after the baby, but you have to keep up your relationship with your husband (no sex = unhappy man). If you can't muster the strength to grin and bear it, or if it doesn't get better aftera while, then you might want to talk to your OB.
    Anonymous

• Oh my goodness. I have felt like that ever since i have brought my LO home to. So it has been a little over a year and my hubby and I are good for maybe twice a month i don't know what it is. Im going to see my doctor cause i have no sex drive AT ALL. So ya im with you girl i don't want it to be like this cause we have a wonderful sex life before the baby came. : (
    Anonymous

• I think that if the baby didn't make noises in her sleep I'd be ok with having sex (I can hear her on the monitor). It's just that whenever she makes a sound, my mind completely switches gears and I just don't want to do it anymore! I feel bad though because my SO has been waiting patiently for the last four months...
    Anonymous

• My youngest child is 19 mos & i've suffered the same problem. the books say try it even if u don't feel like it & after a wile some times will feel in the mood. but i wish i knew when it would end my better half is always bothering me & touching me & try to shower w/ me if u find an anwser plz let me know
    cinimini

Answer by cinimini at 1:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009