how can i send my child to a different school?

the elementary is only a block from our home but the school is horrible only 5 kids graduated 8th grade and they suck their percentage is 44. do i have any choices?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• that is awful! what state is it in?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You have a choice so long as it is within your city limits, if you want to send her to the next town over you have to get some papers signed.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'd move
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 2:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You did. Open enrollment in public schools is usually in January or February. Call your school district office and ask if you can still request a transfer because of the state of the school your child would attend. With No Child Left Behind, you have that right. Good luck.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• you have to know that all schools arent transfer school though.its not that easy.we tried.all towns dont have transfer schools either so i think that is you first priority is to find out which schools he can transfer to...good luck.they arent to helpful about it.you have to be persistant.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It depends on the rules in your school district. Call and ask them. In my city, I can send my child to any school but I will be wait listed until the kids in that school's normal area are enrolled. Once they know how much extra space they have, they will start pulling "out-of-area" kids off the list.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You can do an inter -district transfer. I would check with the school board. Schools don't like to do them so you need to be persistent and don't let them tell you no.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009