Falling out of love????

After the baby came...love kinda slipped away. Me and my hubby have always loved eachother, but recently its like i hate him so much sometimes. Hes always on me about everything and we fight like crazy...but when i think of leaving i feel sorta trapped w/ the baby...then he tries to smooth things out and things are fine for awhile till the next big fight...i don't even feel sexually attracted to him anymore...anyone going through the same thing?? I feel guilty for feeling this way bcuz of my baby...:/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• MAYBE IT IS THAT YOU NEED HELP FROM HIM, OR MAYBE YOU NEED A LITTLE "ME TIME"?OR MAYBE IT IS POST PATRUM DEPRESSION?, MAYBE ALL? MY HUBBY AND I HAD CHILDREN AFTER 11 YEAR OF BEING MARIED, WE DID ALLOST EVERYTHING TOGETHER, WE TRAVELD, CAMPNG, WHEN OUT A LOT, BUT IT ALL STOPED AFTER THE CHILDREN CAME , WE NO LONGER SLLEP ON THE SAME BED SO HE CAN ACTUALL GET SOMES LEEP B/C HE GOES OUT TO WORK EARLLY AND I STAY HOME W/THE KIDS, WE NO LONGER DO ALL WHAT WE DID, EVEN KISS AS MUCH, HARDLY ANY SEX, BUT WE KNOW WE LOVE EACH OTHER!
    Anonymous

• See post partum depression.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Welcome to the real world. Been there done that . Your child will grow up and then you guys will too. You'll see. In the meantime stick it out. Unless you like being alone and then you have to bust your a@@ working so much
    Anonymous

• Yeah. It really was bad for me. It will pass. Just don't lose faith in your man and in yourself. Be strong, if I could do it, you can too.
    Anonymous

• doesn't seem like ppd...i think may be a rough patch :) if not maybe things wont work out dont feel trapped though!!!!
    Anonymous

• There have been days when I don't "feel" like loving my husband either. We went through a rough patch too around the time of my second child. But, I got up every day and made the choice that I was going to love him that day. And since love is shown through actions, I tried to show him every day that I still loved him, which kept those "feelings" alive. Love is a deliberate choice that you have to make, otherwise your marriage won't make it. Everyone goes through hard times. You just have to be committed to your husband and your marriage with him. People stop feeling love for their spouse because they choose to stop loving them. I wish you the best!
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• being in love with someone isnt always wonderful, lovey feelings. that is what makes love so special... when things arent the best you still hang on. there is no way you can love everything about someone, some things do need work.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I can completely understand what your going through. We have 3 boys and July will be our 8th anniversary. Love is definitely a choice. My husband and I used to do everything together and now we do nothing together. I take care of the kids and he goes to work. He heads to work at 5:30am and gets back anywhere from 7:30-11:30pm. When we do have time together it's just in arguments then when I tell him I can't take it anymore he tells me how much I mean to him. I feel trapped and guilty at the same time also. I really hope you can work it out. I don't know what to do.
    Anonymous