Why would cps need me to come down to the police station but not my kids dad or my kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe your in trouble or maybe someone called on you about something so they want to talk to you about it and/or maybe arrest you!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I wouldn't go unless they told me why.
    Anonymous

• maybe someone needs a character witness ? I would ask them why.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• it is for an open case of false allegations
    Anonymous

• Don't go without a lawyer.
    Don't hide or leave too far from your home, either. Make sure someone knows where you are at all times in case CPS or the police come looking for you.
    This is worst case scenario.

I would imagine that if you were needed for witness info then they would come to your home to speak to you. They are hoping you will come into the station willingly on your own so they won't have to traumatize the children by seeing you handcuffed and taken away in a police car.

Remember to call a lawyer.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• The only thing that comes to my mind for why they would want you to come but not your spouse or children is that they want to arrest you. My best suggestion would be to call them and ask them. Explain that you need to know, as someone else says, for gas and money reasons, but I would also just tell them that you want to know if you need to make any arrangements or hire a lawyer before you come in.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would think that something is going on with another family and you were mentioned as a possible witness.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't know but did you ask the officer why you were needed ? They are the only ones who know, sorry to sound rude, im not trying but all you are going to get with that vague of a question is some random and possibly rude answers.

Have you had CPS at your home recently?
    Has there been a situation involving an investigation and CPS recently?

Call them back and ask why your SO cannot come with you. And that you would like to know what the trip pertains to. (be prepared though, if they are trying to get you there under false pretenses there is nothing you can do)If they ask why you need to know so badly before you come you can always say gas and money are tight and you don't like wasting trips unnecessarily.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 3:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Lots of good advice and un-answered questions already here, I would suggest doing as many have advised and call CPS, ask them why, what is your trip to the police station pertaining to if you've had nothing to do with CPS and also ask if you will be needing to hire an attorney. I wouldn't let this settle and I would contact them right away.

If you were going to be arrested my first thought would be they would normally come to your home and do so, as arresting somebody means they are guilty or there is proof of some type of guilt. Since they're asking you to go to the police station then they might be wanting to interview you and ask you questions about something that could cause you to be guilty, tread lightly if this is the case and make sure you do have a lawyer with you, or they may be wanting to ask you about a case you called in or have witnessed.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009