15 yr old Hygene SUCKS! What do I do

My 15 son, doesnt care how he looks, his hair looks like s.... and he does not take care of his face or teeth. I am going crazy and dont know how to get him to take better care of himself. He has a girlfriend that doesn't seem to care but. I drives me NUTS/ HELP!

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 2:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Tie him up throw him in the tub! Jk tell him he needs to get on a schedule or no "priveledges"
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 2:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• If you're making a big issue out of it, he may be avoiding bathing just to exercise his independence.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Talk with him maybe theres something going on with him. That is a sign of depression.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my 15 year old is the same way. He falt out smells bad...lol. I have no idea how to fix it.
    lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 3:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• He takes a shower but, does not comb his hair, or take care of his face which has some pimples. I know if he uses the products I have given him it would clear it up. He just looks like Hell! I cant stand it.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 3:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My son is 9...and again I say...not looking forward to the teen years,lol. Thanks for the heads up on this one...I have about 4 years to think of a good idea myself, lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I got the other problem,my DD wants to stay in the shower for at least 25 minutes every morning and night.I can't understand why she has use so much water, and my grandsons do the same thing,when they spent the night. As,far as the pimples, some of that stuff,just don't work,I have wasted so much money on Clearsil,Pro-active,and Neurogenia(sp),clear water and time is the best prescription for acne.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Thanks I know, I just have some simple face wash and he doesnt even use it. I just wish he would comb his hair once and a while
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 4:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Leave him to his dirtyness. Its not your problem anymore. When your son as six, people would have said "what a crappy mother" but at 15 they just say "that kids a dirtbag" he will get tormented, its not your problem. My litte brother is the same way, and we just ignore him, he sits in his room all day and he is gross, its not our problem.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 8:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• well I had a 12 yo with the same problem. I went to the store and bought him a bunch of bath stuff for men. And told him you have two choices either you wash yourself Or I wash you. Haven't had a problem since. : )
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009