braxton hicks ?

I am 27 weeks and am having a lot of contractions at nighttime, about 3 an hour, painless but strong, in the belly. I have increased my water intake and I put my feet up and rest when they get bad. Should I be concerned? I have also been leaking down there, assume its urine, its just a little about every other day. I don't want to call the ob as she will send me to the er to be monitored automatically and I have an appt next week at the doctor so I was hoping to wait until then. What has been your experience with braxton hicks for those mommies who had a lot of contractions early in their 3rd trimester?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What you do is eat a small meal, drink really really really cold water and lay on your leftside for about an hour and then if it's still happening then you do need to get to the ER because the baby could be affected. My son's heart rate was too high and that is why I was having braxton hicks, they said if his heart rate didn't get back to normal they would have to enduce me. So becareful something could be wrong. Do what I said and if it's not better then talk to your doctor. Pregnancies are not always easy.
    Anonymous

• Thanks! Your advice is sound and makes a lot of sense.
    Anonymous