Cucumbers????

Has anyone ever heard that drinking water with cucumbers helps with swelling go down in your feet? Or have any good ideas other then proping feet up?

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 2:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cut back on your salt... morton's makes some stuff called morton's lite I THINK don't quote me on it, but that's what i had to get with my dd, also drink plenty of water, with or without cucumbers lol, the cucumbers just help you get more fluids
    Anonymous

• and if you have to be on your feet all day at work, get a stool or something and when you can stand still prop one foot up on it (still standing so if you are say a cashier take turns and switch feet out) if you are sitting down put a stool under your desk and prop your feet. they don't have to be high but just the pressure off of them helps a little bit.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I've heard of that. It's cucumbers, watermelons and any other fruit or veggie that is high in water content. It's the water intake that actually helps.

Reducing salt can help but remember that you NEED salt as part of a healthy diet.

Check out www.blueribbonbaby.org for more information!
    Anonymous

• Wading in a pool, sholder deep, for 20 minutes is said to work.
    Anonymous

• I think waterin general helps with all kinds of swelling.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 4:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009