All Faith Discussion: What do you pray/wish for today?

We all want something.
Weather it be a true necessity or a deep seeded desire, there is something right now that you wish you had.
What is it? What will you be asking God/the Goddess/Buddah/Krishnah for? Or, if you have no belief system, what do you wish for?

Me? There's a few things.
I pray for personal tolerance with my over-bearing mother (if you knew her, you'd understand).
I pray for compassion, tolerance, and understanding from others.
I pray for a way to get a new haircut and new clothes (and yes, these are needs, you haven't seen my hair and everything I own is stained or falling apart).
I pray for a way to get a new home, big enough for the whole family (all six of us).

What are your prayers/wishes?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I pray for things to finally be settled in my family regarding the grandkids.
    I pray that we're making the right decission in trying to keep our grandsons.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm asking Jesus for a house. Seriously. For me and my family... a place of our own. And I'm thanking Him for the wonderful family I need a house for. :)
    iluvmommyhood58

Answer by iluvmommyhood58 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My son is having difficulties. With moving, with his dad deploying, with lots of things. He was diagnosed with ADHD, but has anxiety. So I asked for his medication to be switched to Strattera. Big mistake. Made things worse for him. But in a way, it is helping us to get more help for him.

What I pray for is that we get him what he needs, and he can be happy again.

And I pray for my husbands saftey, and sanity, while he's deployed. I pray for that for everyone deployed. And their families, too.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm praying for a co-worker of mine who is taking her citizenship test today. She's originally from Portugal. I'm so excited for her, and can't wait till she gets her results.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• im wishing for my son to get better, and for his doctor to have some understanding of not wanting to take him to the emergency room every few months for problems we can prevent at home.
    allybot

Answer by allybot at 3:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I am, at the moment anyway, praying for peace and tolerance. And, I ask everyday for my son to be who he is. He has PDD-NOS, and most people would want him to be normal. i don't want that for him. I want him to be himself and be happy with it, no matter what that means.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Spiritguide, not trying to be nosey,but what exactly is that your son is diagnosed with? I've never seen it before,and I'm just curious.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm curious too.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I pray for safety and health for my family, especially my little girl. I pray for my 6 week old lima bean :) I pray for a family on this site who has a lot of struggles ahead of them. I pray that I can be a good person, make good decisions, and help make the world better by my example.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I pray for my mom, she runs a daycare and because of layoffs she has lost some of her kids, from 6 to only 2 now. I pray for the people who lost their jobs to find another job. I pray for all those who are loosing their homes and jobs.

I pray that my dad would stop smoking cigars, and drinking sooo much caffeinated coffee, because he has a bad heart and it is shortening his life less every day.
    I am thankful that my dads rush to the hospital two days ago was nothing too serious or life threating. (Blood thiner medicine made his blood to thin)
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009