What is better for a child with a fever,tylonol or ibprofen?

My chid came home eraly from school because was sick and throwing up,i need to give him something to try to bring his fever down whis is better ibprofen or tylonol?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• childrens tylenol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i give my son tylenol and motrin (not at the same time). i use one, and then a few hours later use the other.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ibuprofen works better for my child
    Anonymous

• I would stick with the childrens tylenol....i wouldnt give them anything else.
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 3:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Tylenol and Ibuprofen(i.e.;Motrin,Advil) both work. And if the fever is high and lasts awhile....alternating doses of both.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• When i was pregnant and now everyone even the pediatrician only recommends tylenol.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 3:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I always thought tylenol too, but my kids ped was adamant that ibuprofin is better, so I switched. I think I also read something on in the parenting mags...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• a piggy back of both....one then 3 hours later the other and so forth
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ibu profin lasts longer. You can give both at the same time, if the situation calls for it.
    We prefer ibu profin
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Tylenol is easier on the stomach so if he's throwing up it's probably better. Motrin works better for high fever but can cause stomach upset. You can also give rectal Tylenol if he's vomiting.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009