Where do you find the best deals for meat?

Im curious ladies, where do you find the best deals money wise for meat? I live in N.C and I either go to Aldis, Piggly, or sometimes Sams Club! Where do you go and what works best for you?

My problem is keeping eneough meat in the house from the 7th to the 22nd of the month. Any ideas and places you shop whould be great!
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Shopping

• Aldi's and our local meat market.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• piggly wiggly is good
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• What happens from the 7th to the 22nd am i missing out on something? I go to the meat market they have wonderful prices
    Anonymous

• Try recipes (during this time) that would use little meat for individual servings, such as, chili, spagetti, chicken casserole, red beans & rice w/ sausage, etc. That might help you to stretch your meat to it's fullest.
    Js_Mommy131

Answer by Js_Mommy131 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I buy meat in bulk from business suppliers. Where I live there's a Costco Business that supplies restaurants. I buy an entire chunk-- usually about $100 of New York steaks that I have to cut up myself at $5.99/pound, which is significantly better than the $7.00-9.99 I'd spend at the grocery store. 9% ground beef is $1.99 pound in a 5 pound roll, etc.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm curious too, what's up during the 7th to the 22nd?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You can save a lot of money by substituting beans, seitan, lentils, tofu, etc. for the meat. You can save even more by using dried beans and lentils instead of canned, and making your own seitan. Send me a message if you would like some recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I usually buy at Publix, but on occasions at Sams.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 8:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Smart and Final
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 9:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Giant but I see you are in the south I used to live in Fla. Save a lot and Winn-Dixie is where I used to go down there. Sam's club is kinda high you pay more then the regular Walmart. But it is good for other things in bulk.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009