Where do you find the best deals for meat?

Im curious ladies, where do you find the best deals money wise for meat? I live in N.C and I either go to Aldis, Piggly, or sometimes Sams Club! Where do you go and what works best for you?

My problem is keeping eneough meat in the house from the 7th to the 22nd of the month. Any ideas and places you shop whould be great!

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Shopping

• Aldi's and our local meat market.

Answer by mamaada at 3:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• piggly wiggly is good

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• What happens from the 7th to the 22nd am i missing out on something? I go to the meat market they have wonderful prices

• Try recipes (during this time) that would use little meat for individual servings, such as, chili, spagetti, chicken casserole, red beans & rice w/ sausage, etc. That might help you to stretch your meat to it's fullest.

Answer by Js_Mommy131 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I buy meat in bulk from business suppliers. Where I live there's a Costco Business that supplies restaurants. I buy an entire chunk-- usually about $100 of New York steaks that I have to cut up myself at $5.99/pound, which is significantly better than the $7.00-9.99 I'd spend at the grocery store. 9% ground beef is $1.99 pound in a 5 pound roll, etc.

Answer by Busimommi at 3:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm curious too, what's up during the 7th to the 22nd?

Answer by gramsmom at 4:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You can save a lot of money by substituting beans, seitan, lentils, tofu, etc. for the meat. You can save even more by using dried beans and lentils instead of canned, and making your own seitan. Send me a message if you would like some recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I usually buy at Publix, but on occasions at Sams.

Answer by crystac at 8:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Smart and Final

Answer by hug4akiss at 9:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Giant but I see you are in the south I used to live in Fla. Save a lot and Winn-Dixie is where I used to go down there. Sam's club is kinda high you pay more then the regular Walmart. But it is good for other things in bulk.

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009