Were you ever mean to your parents?

Now that I am a parent, I realize now how mean I have been at times to my dad, and still am sometimes. He raised me and is only 16 years older than I am, I am 20 now and have grown up a lot, but I always found it hard to respect and listen to him because of the short age gap. He was always good to me though. I gave him hell in the teen years, and I do feel bad about it, but even now when he gives me advice, I feel like "okay what do you know dad?", you had me when you were 16! Should I feel that way? Were you ladies ever mean to your parents?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• i think at some point a kid will be mean to there parents even when its the ages threw 16-18 i was a hellion to my mom she raised me my dad got out of that he only had me every other weekend so he got it easy!!! i put my mom threw hell sorry bout the bad word but i did at 16 i knew it all and i kicked her car put dints in it told her i hated her i wish i didnt have a mother she never cared but realy she did i was mean to her till bout 20 years old but i was with the wrong people and i knew it all and its a teen thing i guess makes me think what my daughter will pull with me!!!! it isnt the parents dault it isnt how you are raised its the kids its the age and if i had to do it over again i would have never got with the people i was iwth we were realy close had arguments but nothing realy bad some kids never get along with there parents till they move out and do there own thing!!! you do end up going to them when you need help!!
    Tbaby61727

Answer by Tbaby61727 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I was mean to my parents sometimes. My mom would sing to wake me up and I would get so mad. I remember being somewhat grumpy and unappreciative in my teen years.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• No, never. I wasn't raised that way.

Answer by Bmat at 3:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009