Have you ever cried or anything else to get out of a ticket?

Once in college I got pulled over and I just started balling he couldn't even understand what I was saying. He said just stay here and pull yourself together and slow it down. Boy was I lucky he was a state trooper.

sgrbear

Asked by sgrbear at 3:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have cried when pulled over out of anger/ frustration/fear, but not to get out of a ticket. That is pretty crappy, and it gives women a bad reputation.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Same thing, I cried my eyes out because I was so mad and it was my first ticket. When I asked the cop if he was really going to give me a ticket he laughed and said yes.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I was crying out of fear. You are pretty crappy today huh? I was wondering if anyone else has cried or done anything else to get out of a ticket. If someone gets pulled over male or female they will try to get out of getting a ticket.

sgrbear

Answer by sgrbear at 3:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• No I havent cried, but I have flirted. I went through a license check one night when I was in college. It was like 2am and I didnt have my driver license with me. This young, really good looking trooper came up to my window, and I oh so sweetly explained to him why didnt have my license. He was really sweet and just told me to be careful and remember to take it with me next time. Right before he walked away he winked at me....so i'm guessing my efforts at flirting worked..lol.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Nope, but I saw my Mom do it. When I was 10 my Mom was a huge Elvis fan. My dad got tickets to see him in concert. They hired a family friend, she was 18 to baby sit us. She was the DD of a man my Father worked with. She asked my Mom if she could bring homemade doughnut dough to make us doughnuts. My mom said yes. Well she got the grease too hot and it combusted and burnt the house my parents had just built 7 months earlier 3/4 of the way to the ground. We had to live in a hotel for 8 weeks while it was rebuilt. The morning following the fire, we over slept and my mom was rushing us to school and got pulled over. This was the last straw for her. She just sat there and sobbed! Could not speak, we told the officer what had happened the night before...he let her go!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I was saying it is crappy to fake cry to get out of a ticket, just like it is crappy to try and flirt your way out of a ticket too.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Well, once I was already crying and that was the reason I was speeding in the first place. I've only gotten one ticket, ever, and it was for not wearing a seat belt even though I blatantly ran a red light AND was talking on the phone and it was a county sheriff. imagine that...

When I get pulled over, I actually get so nervous I can't speak and I always get my license and stuff out and ready because I have this crazy idea that if I move my hand, he'll think I'm reaching for a gun or something. lol.
    iluvmommyhood58

Answer by iluvmommyhood58 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have never had a ticket. I have been driving since 1975, and I have never had a ticket. It's not that I have never done anything to deserve one, but I have never been pulled over - not once. I have only been stopped at a license check once since 1975. I know statistically that I will run out of luck, but so far, no ticket.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i got my first ticket when i was 40. from a female cop. i guess my luck must have run out because i;ve been pulled over 3 times in the next four years, by male cops , who let me off with a warning.
    but no i didn't cry and get out of the tickets. but that female cop was 7 years behind me in school and used to ride my school bus. she might not have remembered me but apparently she has let my younger brother off with a warning every time. just tells him to,"slow it down, bryan." he laughed his head off when he found out she'd given me a ticket.

binker55

Answer by binker55 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 7, 2009