Lasagna without riccota?

My hubby HATES riccota, but I'm really craving lasagna. Any suggestions on a substitute?

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I stick with mozzarella. I like ricotta, but not in my lasagna. I layer the noodles, meat w/ sauce, and mozzarella. Simple stuff without the creaminess of ricotta.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't use ricotta in my lasagna, the kids hate it. My sister uses cottage cheese in its place and hers is delicious. I use mozz. cheese only for that layer. Hubby and kids eat it up.
    johanna66

Answer by johanna66 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't like ricotta but my husband does. So sometimes I'll make lasagna with just mozzarella or I'll use both cheeses on one half of the pan and just mozzarella on the other half.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I use cottage cheese. I have a baked spaghetti recipe that uses just mozarella, so that would work. Lasagana noodles, sauce, mozarella The spaghetti recipe is topped with pepperoni before baking.

Answer by Bmat at 4:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• yep i also use cottage cheese in mine and always have man that sounds really good right now!!
    proudmom34

Answer by proudmom34 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have NEVER used ricotta in my lasagna. I've had it, don't hate it, but don't love it. I just layer the noodles, sauce, hamburger meat and cheese over and over! It's really simple and so good!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• * Oh, also I've recently learned you don't even have to boil the lasagna first. Just use a tad more sauce then you would normally and make sure to put a good layer of sauce on the very bottom of the pan! It cooks up great!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You can use tofu instead of ricotta.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• cottage cheese
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Many people use cottage cheese. I would use the small curds, though, so no one is grossed out by seeing white chunks in their lasagne.
    I love lasagne with ricotta, too!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2009