Share your secret tricks that make things easier with your kids, cleaning and various other tasks throuout the day.

I put some dish soap in out liquid tempra paint when the kids will be painting, makes cleanup easier and if it get's on their clothes it comes out easier.
When the kids want to help clean like mommy with the spray bottle and everything I give them a look alike bottle filled with vinegar and water and their own rag.
I've shared this one before but when the baby is sick I put a towel on the floor, when she's vomiting I stand on it and let her vomit. Makes clean up easier.
What are some of the tricks you've learnt along the way you can share with us, maybe someone can use your tricks.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always carry snacks in my purse for my five and two year olds. Usually mini raisin boxes or little baggies filled with crackers, cheese cubes, peanut butter cookies, etc.

Even if the kids aren't with me, I carry a small box of baby wipes. They come in handy for all sorts of stuff.

For rides in the van, I print out charts for the kiddos to check off different things they can find, you know, like scavenger hunt. Traffic signs are popular around here.

If they can dip it, they will eat it.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 3:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• If they can dip it, they will eat it. lol love it!
    My kids call ketchup, mustard, and veggie dips, "dipit".

Love the car scavenger hunt! I'm borrowing that one for sure!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My 5 year old likes to clean the walls with the mr clean magic erasers it makes almost everything from markers to spaghetti disappear.

sgrbear

Answer by sgrbear at 4:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• This question makes me smile, when I am doing laundry my three year old loves to fold the dish towels and wash clothes and when I am sweeping the floor my two year old gets her little broom and sweeps to. It really makes it easier and keeps them out of the way, LOL!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My trick is to act like its the funnest thing ,in the freakin world, to clean their room, ( i start cleaning and make all kinds of noises like wow, yay, yippy....lol.) they join me in no time, and they really help and have fun doing it......lol. I don't know how long this will last, they are 2 and 4. My neighbors probably think im a nut job,,,,, LMFAO!
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009