Can you be pro choice and Christian?

I've been seeing a lot of people on here say that you can't be pro choice and Christian at the same time, esp. since that doctor was gunned down.

Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am Christian, and I am pro-choice. I don't believe that demanding what others do with their bodies be something that is required to be close to God.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• No
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I am pro choice and I believe in God. How's that?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm Pro-Choice and I'm a Christian. I think that statement is ignorant.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You can not be pro-choice and a Christian. Exodus 20:13
    Mykidsmaid

Answer by Mykidsmaid at 4:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't think the issue is can you be prochoice and still believe in God. It's more can you be prochoice and say that you are following God. It is a black and white issue biblically, and if you stradle the line then you are not following God.
    Rev 3:15-16 says I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
    So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
    God isn't interested in the christian who claims His name and then follows the ways of the world
    Rom12:2 And be not conformed to this world. The spirit of the world is opposed to that of Christ. It doesn't mean a person isn't saved, but it does mean that have not surrendered to the full will of God. I do believe the term for a Christian who still follows the world is a Carnal Christian, and God deal with that.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 4:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I am pro choice and a Christian. I believe a woman has the choice to close her legss, I believe a woman has the choice of adoption or to raise the baby. I think the real question is can you be pro baby killing and Christian--pro abortion is anti woman
    Anonymous

• Mykidsmaid are you calling pro choicers murderers?
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 4:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm pro-choice and I'm a Christian. I'm pro-choice 1) because making it illegal will not change a damned thing and 2) because it's between that woman and her God. I have nothing to do with that decision and neither should any government. I don't like abortion. I wouldn't have one. I would help anyone I knew if that meant the difference between them having an abortion and keeping the baby. But in the end, it's not up to me. And believing as I do does NOT make me any less Christian. Period.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm not calling anyone anything, but I do believe that abortion is murder. Take it for what you want.
    Mykidsmaid

Answer by Mykidsmaid at 4:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2009