Grrr...How to get SO to help out around house

He works on the road and im a SAHM...I help him get business (cleans ac's for hotels nationwide) and ask him all the time if he needs anything/is hungry etc...i am duje june 13th and am getting more tired now, we have 4 pitbulls, 1 cat and 2 fish and he has 2 children 12 yo and 8 yo from prev wife, i have found it hard to get them to do ANYTHING to help out, dishes, floors, letting dogs out, laundry...and when i ask him to help me with dishes he says ok then doesnt, i cant take this anymore if it was up to them something would lay in the middle of the floor until i pick it up!

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 3:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Right there with ya sister! If you get the answer let me know. Take comfort in knowing, you are not alone.
    Mykidsmaid

Answer by Mykidsmaid at 3:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I stopped doing my husbands laundry for a couple weeks. I only did mine and DS's. He figured it out, got all huffy about it, so i told him WHY i quit doing it. Now he helps out a little more. He's slacking off again though, so i may have to try something else! Lol! Mind you, he works a LOT so i really dont expect a WHOLE lot out of him. I'd be happy with him taking the trash out, honestly! lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I started to be a bitch about it.. after almost 10 years of not doing anything. I stopped doing anything for him. I stopped asking him for help with our daughter, stopped cooking dinner, stopped doing his laundry only, stopped cleaning his messes (which drove me insane because I love to clean and I can't stand to see a messy house). .. he got the picture really fast when he finally clued in and realized that I wasn't even asking help with our daughter. .. lol.. he helps whenever i ask him now.
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 4:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ty all :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 4:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2009