Can you get Disability money for not being able to keep jobs?

My husband can't keep a job,they're always too hard for him.He's been tested but they say he's too intellegent to be 'handicapped'.Does this sound right?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 3:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Then he can't get disability. Maybe he can be tested for a "mental disorder" instead. Not trying to be rude or anything but if his IQ is fine, he might be able to get tested for the other to qualify.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Chances are you husband is simply lazy. He needs to grow up. My brother is mentally retarded has a very low IQ he has managed to keep his job for the past 15 years. He is in construction. Again your husband is simply lazy and disability is for those who have actual problems not the lazy.
    Anonymous

• I are guessing he is just bored. He needs to start his own business. Have him check out my articles to see how easy it can be:

Work at Home Articles

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I think thats a good guess, I hate having jobs, i hate being bossed around. My husband has the same problem, we just need him to hang in there till his business is big enough.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• He might not qualify for SSDI, but might qualify for State Vocational Rehabilitation programs if he does have a disability that makes it hard for him to be on the job long. You can find them either with your state's department of labor or education. Here in NY, it's under Education. (www.vesid.nysed.gov)

halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• How are the jobs too hard for him? If he does not have a physical diability or mental no he can not.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Maybe he should go to school for a certain field and work pt then work intership or something. Here is the EEOC 1800-669-4000
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Does he have depression or bipolar being the cause for not holding a job long enough.People do go through medical problems that has nothing to do with being lazy.Thyroidism?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• OMG...what is he going to say?
    "Stocking merchandise onto shelves was too confusing and became too hard for me?" OR
    "Taking customers orders and pushing the buttons on the touchscreen and then placing their burgers and fries was just too hard for me?"
    Give me a freaken break!!!!!
    Tell him to get off his high horse, get real, and act like a freaken man for crying out loud!
    Disability pay is for the truly disabled - not for the lazy bumms who want to lie in bed all day collecting free money! But then, that might end up being too hard for him, too.
    Anonymous