how do i make friends?

I am afraid to make friends as i was hurt in the past and have not gotten over it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Just be extra cautious about who you befriend. I have been extremely hurt by a "good friend" and now I just don't give as much as I used to and if they are as good as i am to them I let my guard down. I have 2 girls i consider Friends.
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I agree with neveragain17, be selective with the people you let into your life. I became really, really close to someone and basically she stabbed me in the back and it affected my whole family. Now I am really careful about what I say and who I introduce and let my family get close to. Friendships are great but it's the really good ones that are hard to find, the long lasting ones. I really have no one I consider my best friend anymore...besides my husband.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have one she is my bff She would never hurt me.I know what you mean though.I have one aquantince right now that I am certain she only comes around to try to get a chance with my husband she tells me how frikkin hot he is and gets all giggly around him.That is the very reason I dont have many friends,and i'm fine with that.
    cfrye29

Answer by cfrye29 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009