5 Weeks Pregnant And A Doctors Appointment From Hell??

I'm not even sure where to start but I went the doctors appointment today and first off I got told I was about 8 weeks and when the doctor did the ultrasound there was no heart beat, and just a sac. I'm scared and very nervous. This doctor is new to me and she was just down right rude. She goes I know your adopted is there any medical history about your birth mom that you know of. How did she know I was adopted. Then she continues to do the exam and goes well if you can't open your legs any wider how did you expect to have a vaginal birth anyways..(I had a c-section) with my .first daughter. So I'm sick to my stomach and downright upset. Not to mention when I walked out they were throwing a bill in my face from last year saying I need to pay this. Any advice or am I just overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like your pregnant and overreacting, but im short tempered, so i probably would flip out too. lol. i hate when people disrespect me. so maybe your not overreacting. lol hope this helps you feel better
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 4:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• only the obvious, go find a different and better doctor!

Anonymous

• Find a new doctor!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• you should not have been treated that way. i say if you dont like that dr, find another one. u dont have to stay with that one. you can call another one and say that you were not comfortable with your first dr, and would like to see "so so". talk to your friends and others and see who they went to and liked. Good luck im sorry it was so traumatic for you!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 4:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ohh my i would so be at a different dr. i had a dr that send me a letter telling me that i was going to die if i didn't come in after i had an abnormal pap smear. then this women had the nerve to tell me and my husband that i had an std without doing any follow up test. my husband and i had a huge fight because he thought that i had been cheating on him because he had been tested since we had been married. well i was so upset that i changed drs and come to find out i did not have any damn std and no abornal pap smear.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 4:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Giiirrrlll... I would have gotten up and said "I dont like you get me another doctor immediately before you get hurt"... But I just have a nasty attitude like that. Take care hon... God, I'm only 5 weeks too and not expecting to see a doc till next week. I 'll be damned if I get someone like that. SMH.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 4:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• When I was 5 weeks they did an ultrasound and found no heartbeat - just the sac. They said the pole might or might not form and I would have to wait to see if it did, and if the pregnancy was viable. Then I had another done at 8 weeks and there was baby! It's too early to see the baby.
    If your worried about that....
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Def find a new doctor and maybe do some researchon this find out who some of your friends or co workers doctors were. Good luck and remember you are paying them not the other way around! So if you are not comfortable then fire then and find the right doc for you. This is a special time in your life and don't deserve to be treated like that.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• yeah with both my kids at 6 weeks pregnant they was just dots in the sac
    Anonymous

• My doctor was concerned that at 6 weeks there was no heart beat, like VERY concerned.
    I had a sac, a fetal pole and a yoke sac thank god two days later there was a heart beat.
    8 weeks along and no heart beat, no fetal pole and no yoke sac I would say the pregnancy is prolly not vialible.
    however I would be calling someone and making a HUGE complaint about that doctor, even if she was just joking thats rude and nasty, AND at 8 weeks along with no real development she SHOULD have checked your HGC levels if yoru numbers are low it would more or less tell you weather its viailbe or not, I would say you have a threatened misscarrage and see another doctor ASAP and have a quatum level ran stat!
    If its not vilable they will have to secdual you for a D&c which is why I am suprised she didnt run more tests, she is a bad doctor!
    Anonymous