HELP ME! It's always just about the chase!

Okay, so I think I've ruined a few lives here. I am 22 years old and married (about to be seperated due to him cheating, verbally abusing both me and his child) with no children. Only a stepchild that I do love to death. I had a friend who's been my friend since I was 17. He's a bit older but until now, it's only been friendship. I recently decided I was really into him and wanted to be more than just friends until we became just that. Then I decided I didn't want him anymore.. Another ex has been talkign to me alot since my recent filing for a divorce and I thought I was falling for him again, until he confessed he was in love with me, and I left. I feel like it's all about the chase for me and as soon as I get them, I dont want them anymore!! Why am I like that! ? I've never been like this before but I think I'm so confused with everything that I'm going crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Since you just got out of a relationship, I would just not even worry about it, or the chase...JMO.
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 4:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Maybe you should spend 6 months to a year by yourself. Heal from a broken marriage and figure out why you married a guy that would beat you. I'm NOT blaming you for that. Don't get me wrong. He is a jerk, but maybe you might have seen some signs, like jealousy, that might have clued you in on an abusive mate. Also, the alone time would give you a chance to define exactly what you want in a husband and start dating after you have a clear view of your goals in a family life. I thiink the chase now, is only interesting because it's your private "hit back" to your soon to be ex-husband that you can get a man that will treat you great and thinks you are sexy. You might have already lost a friend over this, don't let your ex destroy anymore future relationships. You are a beautiful woman and deserve to be treated like a LADY!!!!
    Js_Mommy131

Answer by Js_Mommy131 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• its just the excitment i felt the same way maybe you just dont want to be commited to any one yet play the single card for a little while im sure it will change it did for me
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• LOL Sounds a bit like you're exploring your male side. LOL j/k You have every right to not be in a "relationship" right now - in fact, you probably shouldn't be in one. You need some 'you' time and it's perfectly okay with you taking it. Don't worry about men right now. Have a date if you feel like it - have fun - but you draw your own line in the sand.. .and if you are running this hard and fast from guys who want a relationship with you then it's a Bright sign that you don't. Not right now. It's okay to be like that. But just be honest with them. A dinner or a movie is fine... but a relationship is not in your list of top desires at the moment.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2009