Anyone else have trouble getting shoes on???

I would love if my ds(10 months) would wear shoes I dont like going out to really nice places with him just wearing socks.... I have bought all different kinds and I have even bought bigger sizes thinking that would help but he scrunches is toes up so i cant get them on... anyone else have this problem??? Is there anyway to fix it???

mommy2b17MV

Asked by mommy2b17MV at 4:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't have a problem GETTING them on, it was KEEPING them on that was the problem! Still is actually, and he's 2 1/2! lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• All my kids did that too at different times. I put the toes in the shoes..then press down with your thumb on the arch/top of the foot. His toes will uncurl and you slip the shoe on quickly.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i simply gave up lol. when my son was that young i waited until he kept his feet down by himself because otherwise i can't get them on and when i do he kicks it off. i didn't even try with my daughter now. but i'm going to take GrnEyedGrandma's advice too. THANKS FOR ASKING THIS QUESTION!
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 4:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• soft-soled shoes are more flexible and easier to get on, also harder for baby to get off.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• yeah try the robeez...they sell them online or at baby gap...Im not sure where else but I know the softsoled shoes are probably better for the feet anyway...My DD has a fatpad on the top of her chubby little feet and I can't get anything but a pair of adjustable sandals that she has on =)...it's summer anyway, people will forgive you if he doesn't have shoes on and if it's a fancy restaurant and they want to be snobs, then forget aobut them....=)just let him be comfy
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You can buy generic Robeez at Target. It's recommended to only use soft soled shoes like that until they're over a year :) My son loves his!
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 5:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009