Do you believe in Indigo, Crystal or Rainbow children?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 4:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in them. Being psychic myself, I know what it is like to be looked at by your parents like you are crazy. I am happy that there are parents who are accepting of their gifts.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I believe that each of those children has traits covered in different diagnoses that already exist in the western medical community. I love that the symptoms of those diagnoses are looked at more as a cause to celebrate in the New Age-ier philosophies of Indigo, Crystal, and Rainbow children instead of being stuffed into a hopeless box and socially doomed for the rest of their lives. I have a child with Asperger's (Indigo) and she is the light of our entire family!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• So misses, ...do you believe that all children with ASD are Indigo (or of the like) ...or are only some of these children Indigo. And do you believe that children without a disability can be Indigo? because it doesnt sound like you do.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes. I definitely see it in my two children who have learning disabilities and sensory disorders. I do think it's because they are more "intuned" to The Other Side then we probably realize.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 5:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't know much about those titles, but I just looked up indigo and it definitely sounds like me. I have Asperger's too.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Not all children with ASD are indigo. My boys are crystals. I was always taught that indigos were of a ceratin age group rather than randomly mixed in. I don't know much about the classifications. aren't the rainbows supposed to be coming in now?? And if I remember what I was told rainbows are only born to two crystals. As to the question IDK that I "believe" in these groupings, but I do see alot of the traits by association in my kids. So at least I know where they fall.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Somewhat. I have traits of Indigo, but not sure if I think thats what I actually am. I've been told my older son (who I thought could be a late Indigo) was just very perceptive of spiritual things and an "old soul". And, I've been told my younger son, is a Rainbow. He does show the qulaities and everyone who meets them both has the same things to say about each of them. Its too many people (including strangers) saying the same things (literally the same phrases are used over and over) for it to be Just coincidence, IMO.

Really, though, it doesn't matter if there are/aren't really classifications like this. These labels are just a way to arouse the perception and intrest of a new way of behaving towards each other.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I'm still reading up on it.. the whole thing is extremely interesting... anyone know any good sites for more information or do i need to shell out cash for the books (military pays crappy so i'm a serious penny pincher)
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't know a lot of the deep facts about it. I just superficially scanned a book or two that were given to me by my midwife shortly after my daughter's diagnosis. I do think that anyone could have these traits, but based on the little I read I'd think that most of the people who fit into these categories could possible be diagnosed with ASD or similar. Don't get me wrong, I don't think diagnoses are always right, and I really hate labels. Like I said before, I like the freer thinking of Indigo, Crystal and Rainbow children.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009