• In the Spotlight:

Brain dead

Has anyone known someone who was declared brain dead but came back?My dh's granddaughters mom was just declared this last night.She is in a coma and on life support.She is only 25.

momofsixangels

Asked by momofsixangels at 4:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Health

• is she the one that fell through the window or something? do they know if there will be any permanent damage? can they give you guys an idea of when she will wake up?
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I am sorry to hear this. But honestly if she is braindead, i believe that is it. I am really sorry, shes sooo young, how very sad.. :(
    My grandfather was also braindead at one time, after life support, he only breathed for one minute before he passed. I wish i had better news for you. :(
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Once they are declared Brain dead (sorry) that means no coming out of it. I worked in a hospital for 8 years total.
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yes she is the one that fell through a window.I am still hoping for a miracle.I dont care what the drs. say.They are not always right.She is only 25!!!! Her baby is only 3 years old.
    momofsixangels

Answer by momofsixangels at 4:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I do know someone that was declared brain dead after a heart attack. That was on a Monday morning. The family was waiting for a son to arrive so that they could make the decision to pull life support together. The next morning the man started showing signs of brain activity and was released from the hospital within a week. He went home, went through therapy and returned to work in construction within a year.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• There's always a chance the dr made a mistake, but if they are truly brain dead, I've never heard of them coming back. I am truly sorry for what your family is dealing with.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• i knew a mother and a daughter who were brain dead after a accident...the mother was on life support for a week and the lo was on for 6 weeks. now to look at them u would never know....dont give up miricals happen
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:47 PM on Jun. 6, 2009