Any ideas???

ME and my boyfriend hardly ever get to have a nice home cooked meal together.... tommorow night im off work and I really want to make something special I dont care about the cost or how long its going to taste.... anyone have any ideas or any recepies that your man loves???

mommy2b17MV

Asked by mommy2b17MV at 4:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Plum pork chops. Recipe can be found on bhg.com I believe they have it titled as plum good pork chops. I find any kind of steak/chop will always make my hubby a happy man. That or grilling! Some mashed potatoes, and some asparagus for the sides are awesome!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 4:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Lasagna and some french bread

Answer by louise2 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My husband loves a nice steak with baked potato and a veggie, maybe some sauteed onions and mushrooms to go with, or he also loves roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy...special nights we might do clams and king crab legs, maybe some shrimp... what does your bf like to eat?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• SO LOVES my version of baked ziti.
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 5:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• he is a big meat eater but i know i couldnt make a steak near as good as he can and he wont eat anything with cheese lol
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 5:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Check out some recipe websites.

www.recipezaar.com  ----my fav

www.allrecipes.com

www.recipes.com

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• This is my hubby's favorite dinner: Pasta and Tofu with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
    Send me a message if you would like the recipe.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You could make a really nice roasted chicken with roasted vegetables and rolls. Here is how I do that: Take a 3 lb whole chicken. Clean out the insides. Rub inside and out with a mixture of salt, pepper, onion powder, and poultry seasoning. cut in half a lemon and orange and stuff them inside the chicken. You can also use celery in place of the citrus fruits if you don't like citrus. Bake for about an hour and 15 minutes til done. While the chicken is cooking, cut up 2 each parsnips, turnips, onion, and bigger red potatoes into 1" cubes. Toss them with olive oil and rosemary and onion powder OR italian seasoning. Roast along with the chicken for about an hour til the veggies are browned on the outside and creamy on the inside. Salt them when they come out. Serve with your favorite dinner roll. For dessert, one of our favorites is strawberry angel cake. Slice fresh berries in a bowl, add 1 tbsp sugar to 1 pint strawberries...
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, slice a store bought angel food cake into 1/2" thick slices (or make your own if you know how). In a chilled metal mixing bowl, pour 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Whip til soft peaks form, then slowly add in 2 tbsp powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Whip til stiff peaks form. Lay a slice of angel food cake on a plate, top with strawberries, another slice of cake, a few more berries and a dollop of whipped cream. Super yummy dinner and dessert!!!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Oops forgot to add, the chicken should be baked at 350 degrees, same for the veggies.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009