How long did it take u to get Pregnant post mirena

Hey everyone I am getting my mirena iuc taken out on june 11th and i was really hoping to be pregnant around june 29th bc thats when r last child was concieved and i'd like to keep all our birthdays around the same time bc so far we are all Aries in our family. So im jus curious if you had the mirena taken out to ttc again how long did it take you 2 get pregnant? Thank u!

alaskaarmywife

Asked by alaskaarmywife at 5:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i had mine taken out in june, found out i was preg oct 14. when i went to the dr, she said i conceived really quickly. its takes ur body a little bit to get back to normal, and back on a cycle
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It took us 8 months to get pregnant after I had mine removed.
    RCrohn

Answer by RCrohn at 5:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I had mine removed May 11 and was pregnant end of june. We were careful in May or maybe it wouldve happened then! One slipup did it in june.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 8:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Congrats to anyone that was able to conceive a uterine pregnancy after removal of the Mirena. I had mine out 08-2005 and 6 months later had my 1st of 3 ectopic pregnancies No other risk factors..... I wish I could have success like all of you and I wish I never got the Mirena IUD in the 1st place. Yes I'm disgruntled. Sorry.... Good Luck,D
    BigboyMom

Answer by BigboyMom at 8:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I had my Mirena out a year ago and waited a few months before TTC as my doctor advised. It took us 4 months to concieve and unfortunately it was ectopic. I had no problem with my first child - concieved in 1 month, no problems and have no other risk factors for an ectopic. When I asked my doctor about wether the Mirena could have caused it, he brushed it off. We did a test and found out one of my tubes is completely closed, the other had the ectopic. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat. I think research needs to be done on this. Also wish I never had the Mirena - but wishing the best of luck to everyone!
    leeannabanana

Answer by leeannabanana at 11:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2009