What do I do if my son is bruising so easily?

Ok my son is only 6 months old and I am worried that something is wrong. He has alot of bruised on his back only and I don't know what is wrong. I have said something to two different doctors and they have told me that he just has sensitive skin but I don't know. Should I get a third opinion or what? I don't want the wrong person to see my sons back and then look at me and think I am a bad mother.

caidensmama08

Asked by caidensmama08 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Keep taking him to the doctor for answers and make sure his condition is well-documented. Has he been tested for bleeding disorders or anemia?
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• go to the doctor if u feel there is something wrong with him anyway how he getting those bruised

evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• They didn't test him for hemophilia or Leukemia? Not to scare you, but, a 6 month old bruising that easily needs to be checked out. I would take him to another doctor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• the doctor told me that there was no need to test him for any of that because there is no family history of and leukemia or hemophilia and he is getting the bruises from us simpily picking him up
    caidensmama08

Answer by caidensmama08 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• call the doctor and ask that he be tested for bleeding disorder. They affect boys more than girls.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Also, another area to think of, has your child been taking acetaminophen lately? This can cause bruising b/c of liver damage.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• There is no history before or after my Grandpa...he died of Leukemia. He has been the only one on record with it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:08 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Get a 3rd opinion ... I would. I don't believe you would be bruising you baby by picking him up. My little cousin was brusing and he had a weird blood thing going on where his blood wouldn't clot so if he ever had even a scratch or gash it would just keep bleeding. So they told him he can't ever play sports and he's got to be so careful and can't wrestle or do any little boy things :o(
    TiffBryan

Answer by TiffBryan at 11:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i finally got someone to do something about my sons bruises. i have to talk him to Childrens Hospital of Dayton to a specialist where they are going to run some tests to figure this out. so keep your fingers crossed hope it is nothing to serious thanks you all for your support
    caidensmama08

Answer by caidensmama08 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• He needs his iron level checked first. But if he's getting bruised from you just picking him up I would take him to different doctors until you get one to test him for bleeding disorders.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009