How do I clean this stuff????

We moved into a manufactured home that has molded plastic sinks and tubs. I cannot for the life of me get them clean. Does anyone else have these types of fixtures and how do you clean them?

mamahud

Asked by mamahud at 5:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Go to an RV supply place or a boat supply place. The sinks are molded plastic in a lot of those. They make a special non toxic cleaner we use in ours all the time. Otherwise try 409.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Once you do get them clean polish the plastic with boat wax. It will make future cleanps alot easier. Just dont put it on the bottom of the tub or shower that will make it real slippery. The sides and sink should be fine
    chedhead

Answer by chedhead at 10:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Try using Scrub Free. This product melts the soap buildup. I would not use any cleaner that scratches like comet or ajax. And clorox will simply run off without affecting the soap scum.

Also, you will find that Magic Eraser is a wonder product. I have a corner shower unit that is plastic on the base. When Scrub Free doesn't get it well enough, I back it up with magic eraser and my unit looks perfect. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• magic eraser

Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• or hydrogen peroxide(cleaner and disinfectant)
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 5, 2009