how much weight is ok to gain while pregnant?

i have gained about 25 pounds already and im 6 months along and i fell like thats to much but i cant seem to stop eating as much i just want a heathy baby

momma2be89

Asked by momma2be89 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as long as your eating healthy i dont think it matters.. i know that most dr recommend that you gain 25-35 pounds but everyone is different.. as long as what your putting in is healthy i dont think it matters.. :D
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 5:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• nope, if you're hungry you need to eat. as long as you're putting whole nutrients in your body and nothing processed, you're doing great
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• As long as your OB isn't concerned, then don't be. I remember being the same way though, I thought I was gaining way too much weight. But the OB said I was doing just fine. I gained a total of 45 lbs. with my son, he weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz. at birth and was 4 days late. I swear those last 5 lbs. came on during those 4 days!! No worries though, I am still holding onto about 5 lbs. and I think it's in my boobs, LOL, and I now have excess skin on my stomach :(
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Im six monthes and have gained about 15 pounds and am barely showing and i hate it! The weird thing he is measuring big via ultra sound. Watch what your eating, cut down on fast food and instead of sweets eat fruits instead.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 2:05 PM on Jun. 6, 2009