• In the Spotlight:

I am TERRIFIED to give birth!!!!

I've been watching tlc "a baby story" and i am absolutely grossed out by what they do in the hospital, how many things are coming in and out of my vagina in november? and that epidural needle looked scarier than i imagined... i'm totally chickening out right now. i want to cry! eeeeep.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well first of all, DON'T watch those shows!! Read up on the subject if you want, and talk to the OB nurses. But trust me, once you're in labor the only thing you are going to care about is getting baby OUT. You won't care who sees you naked, whether you pooped while pushing, etc!!
    RCrohn

Answer by RCrohn at 5:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It's not so bad. I watched that show every day when I was pregnant with my first. Now I was wanting to watch The Business of Being Born by Rikki Lake, but not so sure that's a good idea b/c you see EVERYTHING (and I'm due with number 4 next month). By the time it's time to delivery you won't care what's going on. My dad took pics of my first being born, crowning and coming out. I didn't even know until I got the pics developed a few days later.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• ya, so was I! Birthing scared the SHEEIT out of me!!! I didn't want to go through it! at all!!! But I got the epidural... which felt like 3 priks.. and they did it during a contraction... but my baby was breech so I had an emergency csection. One way or another, baby is comeing out and when it does, YOU WILL BE READY!!! I started feeling terrified about it when I was about 4 mo pregnant and when I hit 36 weeks, I WAS READY to do whatever it took to get my alien out (lol) and be out of constant pain having to go to the bathroom every 10 min or unable to sleep! it'll be all right! You'll be ready for it!!!
    Anonymous

• that was my favorite part of the whole pregnacy... all three of them! i know its scary, but you can do it. women are made to do it!!
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 6:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2009