Heat rash what do you bath them in?

My grandson has what looks like a heat rash it is on his head,face, stomach,back and diaper area. I do believe he got it from a fever he has had. What would you bath him in? He gets a reaction to oatmeal.

cmahalitc

Asked by cmahalitc at 5:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does it itch? If so, try some baking soda in the bath water. Otherwise , just plain water. It will go away on it's own in a day or so.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 5:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Baking soda makes luke warm bath water super soft and soothing for skin. My daughter gets heat rash too. To get rid of it I switch between kitchen corn starch (separate box of course) Argo I think is one brand. And I put cortizone cream on it to help the itching and calamine by top care or parke davis to cover it especially when in public cuz morons freak out over rashes sometimes in public.
    Is it a bumpy rash, that's heat rash usually. Maybe he had scarlet fever? That comes with a rash and so does Roseola.

Anonymous

• No, It does not itch!?
    cmahalitc

Answer by cmahalitc at 6:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009