where do i start to learn how to homeschool?

i wanna home school my daughter when it becomes time but not sure how i go about doing it all.

preggoinmn

Asked by preggoinmn at 5:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Start by going to http://www.hslda.org and finding out the laws in your State. You could also join a homeschooling group or two here on CafeMom.  My husband and I are both homeschool graduates and plan to homeschool our children, who are currently 16 months and 4 months, when they reach school age.  If you want to talk, or if I can answer any questions for you, feel free to send me a message!

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I called my local school board. I had to register with them to homeschool my grandson. They gave me all the information and contacts I needed Including free textbook information. Also, look up lesson plans online for the subjects you want and grade level. It's all free and planned easily so anyone can follow along and teach that lesson plan.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• There are a lot of good sites to learn about homeschooling. HSLDA does list the laws for your state, but they do some things that are controversial , that a lot of homeschoolers don't like. I have been homeschooling my 11 year old son since Kindergarten. You can email me if you like at homelearnin@gmail.com
    I'll be glad to help you . A warning about an answer above. Not all states require you to let them know you are homeschooling. Public schools often cause problems for HSers, I would not speak with them unless the law requires you too. They aren't going to help you homeschool. They want to prove you can't.
    Homeschooling is such a great thing to do for your child. And you will learn a lot too!
    Shannon
    home_teachin

Answer by home_teachin at 1:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2009