Segregated States of America...

I feel that we are a country that is supposed to be so "progressive" and yet we have undergone a major regression. We are more segregated as a nation now than we have ever been. We are this way b/c there are more things to fight about. Let's see religion, race, breastfed vs. bottle fed, public school vs. private school, Democrat vs. Republican, gay vs. straight and even man vs. woman. How to you propose we become the UNITED States of America and not fall further into the division and segregation we have become accustomed to?

blakebrm

Asked by blakebrm at 5:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We as Americans need to stop and realize that the whole reason we have the LUXURY of fighting over so many issues is because we enjoy such freedom.

I doubt that those that serve in the military care what religion the person next to them practices or if they believe in gay rights. They care, in the moment, that they are all Americans.

I doubt the families in war torn countries care about wethere their babies get nutrition from breast or bottle, as long as they get fed. I doubt they care about wether or not vaccines have aluminum in them, as long as it helps thier child survive.

I doubt women undergoing female genital mutilation or being sold into sexual slavery care wether or not American women are permiscuous or chaste or have or do not have abortions; as long as they had the right to choose what happened to their own bodies.

We need to be grateful to be Americans~together~again and politely agree to disagree.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• One good start would be drop the whole "progressive" chit progrssive is just another word now for socialist.Another would be for the libs to drop the stupid being PC out the arse bull that is alot of the problem too.
    Anonymous

• I feel like those that SCREAM for tolerance the loudest are those who are LEAST tolerant of others.

Gay rights ~ I don't care if your gay. Stop shoving it in peoples faces who think its wrong.  When you do that you are being INTOLLERANT

Racism ~  Every time someone disagrees with the pres they are not racist.  Every time a an AA gets pulled over they are NOT innocent and being picked on, and for the love of god I am NOT paying reparation when you family may or may not have been slaves and my family DID NOT own any!

Anonymous

• You are absolutely right. All these things that we women are fighting amongst ourselves about is only serving to build a bigger wall between us, dividing us and our thinking. These things are mere diversions to what should be the important things to us as women, wives, mothers, grandmothers, citizens of the U.S. Are these things tossed at us deliberately so that we don't look at real issues? So that we are truly a divided population? So that we remain uneducated and not well researched on the issues that are important? What is OUR vision of country? What is it that is truly important--what things really effect us and our families? What do we want from our Government? We need to come together and organize ourselves on those issues and stop letting our Government lead us by the nose. We need to get to the point where as a population we demand what we want for ourselves instead of waiting for it to be handed to us.
    Anonymous

• Abortion ~ There IS a middle ground here. ONly to a certain point in the preg and only a certain amount of times. YES it is YOUR body but after a point it IS a BABY and rape and incest only cover so many!

Religion ~ Just b/c I am christian does NOT give you the right to belittle my beliefs. You want to believe in nothing FINE. I have EVERY right to believe you are going to hell. You want the right so say I am Stupid for believing in God...FINE...but I get to say I think you are going to hell. If you don't believe it...why do you care!

This is how it works...believe what the left believes or you are a hateful bigot....But THEY can say WHATEVER and its ok...free speech.

Anonymous

• Seems this post is already over run with a segregated agenda.
    Anonymous

• To the the first posters, you want to be able to run the country according to right wing ideals which are the reason for people being denied rights. Which is the reason why ONE religion dominates the rest of this country. What it boils down to is people like you are afraid that if everyone gets rights you will have to watch what you say. In reality you should already keep a lid on hateful words. Yes OP there is a divide and will not close until everyone is treated in a more equal manner.
    Anonymous

• anon:04

Just because you are Christian, will not give you the right to take away other peoples Constitutional right of freedom of religion!

Anonymous

• We are the United States of America but each State has the right to run the way they want. I don't see segregation I see people with different beliefs and ideas and that keeps us diverse and interesting. If you want to live in a world where we all agree and are mindless sheep you are nuts.
    Anonymous

• 6:20 that is what these libs on here want lol can't you tell? 6:16 up there wishes we did not have free speech.We are all supossed to have the same veiws and beliefs and if not then shut up don't say a word.
    Anonymous