How do U get motivated to work out???

I have a hard time getting to the gym... and its not becuz I don't have time or a babysitter... its becuz I am soooooo unmotivated. Just thinking about exercising gets me tired =P But, I really really need to lose 20 lbs, any suggestions on how to get motivated?

xXAdrianXx

Asked by xXAdrianXx at 6:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i just do it as early in the day as possible so i'm not dreading it all day and i feel accomplished when i'm done. take baby steps. try 20 min 3 days a week then work it up to more. its better than doing nothing! if you haven't join some fitness groups on cafemom, they are awesome!
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 6:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Every morning wake up and do some good stretches (warm ups) while brushing your teeth, washing the breakfast dishes, and just beside the bed when you step on the floor. This warms the muscles and sends oxegyn all over the body which will give you energy. Next, put on a gym outfit that you love AND your sneakers. This makes you "feel" in the mood.

Next, open all the blinds and let in all the light you can get. The light hits the back of your eyes and sets off a hormone that gives you energy. The greeks knew this method a thousand years ago.

Lastly, be sure and eat a good form of protein, a piece of fruit, small glass of veg. juice and a huge glass of water. This gives your body the iron it needs for energy, the protein it needs to help the muscles, the water it needs to clear the colon and bladder. When the body has fasted all nite long, it is low on iron.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• get someone to go with you. your less likely to let that person down by not showing up.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 7:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I look at people who I think have perfect bodies...usually the actress/model type lol but I know I can think of a few celebs who have a body I'd kill for and I've even cut out pictures of the abs or the legs I want and put them on my fridge and that usually keeps me motivated! Also having a workout buddy either IRL or even online, just someone to talk to and help keep each other motivated really helps!
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 10:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Think about you kids and being healthy so you can be there for them a long, long time.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• lol when i was in school i lost 30 lbs in weight class.
    i was motivated by my teacher. he doesn't know.
    he has a NICE ass lmfao and i had a bunch of cute guys working out around me
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 7:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I DO IT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING MOTIVATED BY THOSE ENDORPHINS I KNOW WILL MAKE THE REST OF THE DAY BETTER, AND BY DOING IT EARLY I WILL BURN CALORIES ALL DAY LONG! I ALSO USE SALSA , AND OLDIES MUSIC TO GET ME GOING!!!

Answer by older at 7:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• What gets me motivated is we are so broke after my DH lost his job and we are on a 3 year lease for the gym that we signed 2 years ago, so no matter what, our monthly payment is coming out of our account. So, my motivation is I want to get our money's worth since we already have enough of a hard time paying for it. Also, I enjoy the break from my daughter (they have a childcare center at my gym) and I enjoy losing weight and looking great, so that keeps me going.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Go shopping and try on clothes. LOL! Seriously, I tried on clothes last week and my 3 yr. old said I was fat. I'm done. I have a friend and we started walking this week. So far have done 11 miles. I will keep it up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Motivation is the hardest! I fight it everyday myself. Most often if I don't get moving first thing in the morning in some way, whether it's cleaning the house or the like, I lose my stride and have to fight harder to get my workout in later. For myself I just remind myself how unhappy I am with how I'm shaped. A good way is to take a picture of yourself and put it on you refrigerator or bathroom mirror and every time you walk by it perhaps it will add some incentive. I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and although I know it takes time to get rid of the baby weight, the belly just isn't cute anymore and I'm getting discouraged. I've been running and it feels great but I eat like crap all of a sudden and have intense cravings for sweets. My motivation to eat well isn't there so I am fighting myself constantly.

Whatever you lack of motivation, believe me...you're not alone!
    adeleworkman

Answer by adeleworkman at 9:49 AM on Jun. 5, 2009