HELP ME PLEASE

what do i do to get help for my 2and a half year who by the way has autism and im a single mom at the end of my rope I NEED HELP.

tisha642000

Asked by tisha642000 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• have you talked with his dr? or try going to a school in your area, tell them you need help. we did that with our son and they enrolled him in a class for 3-5 yrs olds who have autism. call anyone and everyone and get help, someone will tell you the best help in your area. good luck!
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 6:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Call around and find a support groups in your area. You can enroll him in different day programs and have him work with a occupational therapist. When I was 21 I got divorced and had a 2 year old that was newly diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I thought it was the end of the world. I was so lost, I had never even heard of SMA and just started calling around for different services to help. I had private ins for him through my work that was okay for a normal child but not a child that had special needs, I then applied for Medicaid and SSI and that helped a lot. They have so many things out there to help kids with Autism you just have to take time one day and search. That's one thing in the last 8 years that I have learned you can't sit and wait, they will not reach out to you! I hope everything works and will pray for you! If you ever need anymore advice I am here.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009