Are you and your DH/SO opposites or similar to each other?

There is a saying "Opposite attracts" meaning that people who are together but have opposite characteristics/personality/interests etc. It has been said that people are more likely to be attracted to people that are the opposite of themselves. Some people say that people are more attracted to people that they have similarities in. What do you think?
Do you think that it is true? Are you and your DH/SO opposite of each other and have a good relationship?

momofonewntmore

Asked by momofonewntmore at 6:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my hubby always describes us as the yin and yang symbol! I'm the white side, he's the black side. We are VERY opposite.. but we get along GREAT!!!! everywhere I seem to lack, he fills in (i guess that's what i would call it!) and visa versa
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We are total opposites. We don't have the same food tastes. He loves sports and I hate them. Our clothing styles are different. I am majorly organized. I like things clean and tidy and he is super messy.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 6:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We are very much alike in our interests and our how stubborn we are, how we were raised and what we want out of life. We both have very outgoing personalities, and sense of humor. We really are a lot similar! It can be a problem sometimes, especially when it's our stubborn natures clashing, but other than that, it works out pretty well!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 6:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We have a lot in common and we want the same out of like but he spends so much time in the mirror it drives me crazy. I can be showered and dressed in 30 minutes and he takes an hour and then has to look in the mirror 20 times and lint oh my goodness thats a hole other story. But all in all we have are very close and theres alot of love between the both of us. Our children are the most important in our life.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• He likes rap, I like rock. He is loud, I am quiet. I am a political person, he couldn't tell you the difference between a democracy and a republic--not sure most could either though. He is friends with everyone, I am stingy with calling someone a friend.
    beccimae

Answer by beccimae at 6:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We are complete opposites. We used to get along really well. He's outgoing, I'm the introvert. He's great at debating people, I avoid confrontation. He watches t.v. all day long. I read books.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 6:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• we are a little of both. Our beliefs and our goals are the same but our personalities are polar opposites. He is quiet, patience and low key. I am loud, want everything done yesterday, and need to be the center of attention. He keeps me grounded and I love him.
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We're alike and different. He's neat, I'm messy. But we both love cooking, food, movies, and video games.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We're very much alike,except I'm more aggressive in every way.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My husband and I are happily married for over 9 years; we get along great and don't argue/fight. I'm stating this so you know our relationship before stating that we have a lot in common, but we have a lot not in common too.

Examples:

He and I both love to game online, we have computer related degree's and are very computer literate, we both love to read the same types of books, we love the same types of music and enjoy the same types of shows/movies on TV.

We differ in other areas. I am hyper and physically active and love doing active stuff like hiking and exercise; he does not and prefers to do things with the computer or other area's of interest. He is the type that can read a programming book quickly and have it memorized literally page by page including concepts, I however would need to study and take my time. I love warm places, he likes it colder. I am more extroverted, he is introverted.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 7:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2009