What is a good age to start my 15 month old daughter in preschool?

I stay home with her so do I introduce her to preschool or just wait until she goes to kindergarten. The only reason I would put her in preschool is so that she can be around other kids and learn to play and socialize. What did you do and what would be the best for her development?

averys1mama

Asked by averys1mama at 6:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It really depends on your child. My dd#1 started preschool at 2 1/2. But it was only 2 mornings a week and it was primarilly to overcome a speech delay. Sometimes kids are isolated and don't have much social time with peers, they need preschool. As for skills they can get all they need for kindergarten at home. But many kids lack the social skills and the discipline of a classroom setting without preschool. So in general 3-4 years old is a good time to start.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't think children need to learn to play or socialize. Most toddlers I know are great at both. Some kids will enjoy preschool at 2, some will hate it. It's up to what your child wants, and what you want.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009