The doctor said I was dialated to 1 cm, did my GBS test and swabbed me for infection.
My blood pressure was really high so they waited about 20 minutes and did it again. It was still high but not as high so they said I could go home but I have to come back in Monday for another check. She said if it's still high we're going to have to discuss my options.
Since about 30 minutes after I left the doctor's office I've been having a LOT of contractions. I was in the grocery store for about 30 minutes and have 4 contractios during that time. They've continued since then.
Here are my questions:
1) What can I do to lower my blood pressure?
2) What are the "options" you have when you have high blood pressure at this point?
3) How do I know if I'm really in preterm labor?
4)If I'm in labor than can I just stay home and proceed like normal since I'm this far along or do I HAVE to go into L&D so early being at 36 weeks?
Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy
1. REST...do not strain or do anything strenuous..
2. Options..DELIVER high blood pressure is stressful on the baby..and ur body...BAD COMBO
3. youll have regular contractions, and youll know there real because you wont be able to focus on anything else..time them..if there pretty regular like atleast 5-7 mins apart for about two hours.. then i would say LABOR
4. did you plan on delivering at home? usually and dont quote me..but if your having BP problems they try to take the easiest way and to them thats c-section..which rules out home delivery!
Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2009
Answer by staciandababy at 6:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2009
Answer by Krysta622 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009
Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009
Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009
Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2009
Next question overall
(Politics & Current Events)
Hypothetical: If a business had corrupt business managers in (let's say)...
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups: