what would you do if your hb's 19 yr old shoke your 3 month old baby?

Ok, my hb shoke my 3 month old baby a sunday before she left.

parisonmom

Asked by parisonmom at 6:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I would call the cops and take the baby in to be evaluated by a doctor. There could be something wrong and you not know it.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• agreed with above. Take your baby to the hospital and call the cops. why the hell did she shake the baby?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I would do what Jenn said. Also, under NO circumstances would I let this person around my baby again. Do you know how easy it is to seriously injure or even kill a baby by shaking them?? And the shaking doesn't need to be that violent to do permanent harm. Please protect your child at all costs!!!!!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• WHAT THE HELL CALL THE COPS
    tisha642000

Answer by tisha642000 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I agree with jenn, and this person should NEVER be allowed to be around the baby, even for a moment. It only takes a short short time to seriously injure, impair, or KILL a baby this way.

A light shake (like what you would do if baby was bouncing on your lap or in a burp hold) isn't as alarming, although if done in anger it raises red flags - but stronger than that is worse than if she had punched the baby.
    Anonymous

• i did and they did an xray of his head and everything they said he is ok, but they said he might not go to alot of people anymore, and he might have a learning disability, and they are taking care of the cop situation she left town bcuz the cops are after her
    parisonmom

Answer by parisonmom at 6:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I don't know why that was anon, I must have clicked it by accident... but I do want to clarify my "light shake" statement - I meant that if you're a normal mama you probably bounce your baby rhythmically on your lap or shoulder, and it's very jostling but baby's sometimes love it and it settles them. If you check out the Happiest Baby on the Block you'll see the jostling I'm referring to. I didn't mean that there is any "okay" way to shake a baby - just that mamas who do the motion I'm referring to don't need to be worried that they've done damage. Taking a baby by the shoulders and shaking it is absolutely NEVER okay. Ever. Not even "lightly."
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Parisonmom, I'm glad to hear that he is okay, and I hope that he will be totally fine. I'm so sorry this happened. How awful for you and your little bub.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Sounds like you did the right thing. Good for you!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• What does hb stand for?
    Anonymous