How long should U work b4 U take maternity leave?

My husband and I would like to have another baby, but I just started a new job and I don't want to skip out too soon. We want to plan out the pregnancy so that I will be able to take maternity leave, but eventually return to work. Does anyone have any advice?

xXAdrianXx

Asked by xXAdrianXx at 6:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Most places you have to earn those benefits..check out what your company offers you may have to work there a year before its offered...that happened to me..i was pregnant when i got hired..but didnt know it yet..i worked there nine months and GOT NOTHING!!! not paid leave..they offered me a similar job back..but now im just a SAHM!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• It depends entirely on your workplace, your health and the pregnancy benefits available. Since I was working from home during my pregnancy, I worked till delivery day and then took my six weeks leave and four weeks of vacation time after the birth.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I believe that you need to be at your employer for 12 months before you qualify for FMLA.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I have no idea cause I quit when I was only 5 months pregnant. I had morning sickness really bad and just wanted to be lazy cause I knew that I would never get to do that again for the next 20 yrs. And Im so glad that I did cause now when babys awake mommys awake, when babys not happy mommys not happy. I say take a little time off and not just the three months they give you, if yall can afford it then have that time for your self. I do think you have to work somwhere for atleast a yr. but its different some places. GL
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2009