Ultrasound

I am not due to have my ultrasound until June 29th. I will be 10weeks 5 days pregnant. I want to have one done sooner. If i asked my doctor do u think he would give me one at 9 weeks? I just want to make sure everything is ok.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ask him and find out
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• nope, insurance won't cover it
    Anonymous

• oh gosh, the baby's still so so tiny at this stage. At 9 to 10 1/2 weeks there really not much to see. Just take your vitamins and eat good. Keep busy to keep stress low. Blessings for you and baby mama!
    Anonymous

• prolly not, they tend not to do them until its medically needed, because insurances wont pay for extras, I am suprised there giving you one at 10 weeks actually, I didnt get one until 19 weeks and 17 weeks with both of my pregnancies.
    why are they doing one on you so early?
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 6:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• wow you're getting an ultrasound that early? well i guess every ob/gyn is different.. i only got one ultrasound my whole pregnancy and that was my 20 week gender ultrasound.
    but it never hurts to ask..
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 6:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I had one done that early with this pregnancy because I'd had several miscarriages before and they weren't sure exactly how far along I was. All you really can see is a blob or dot on the screen, if that. And if you do one too early they won't be able to see anything at all. Best to wait until you can actually see the baby there :) Good luck and Blessed be!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I had my earliest one at 12 weeks with this baby. Every dr is different.

With my oldest I had one at Im pretty sure 10 weeks.

I would wait til your 10 week one, before that they can't always get a heartbeat and that can be more scary than reassuring. By 10 weeks you'll be able to see more of a little peanut and see that little strong heart just beating away.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 7:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I had one done that early and one later with all three of my pregnancies. go ahead and ask the doctor. the worst he can do is say no.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 7:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2009