• In the Spotlight:

i am FED UP!!!

I want to lose weight ASAP. I just have absolutely NO motivation to exercise. I try my hardest to eat healthy but sometimes when we don't have much food in the house im stuck eating junk food. my ideal weight is 125 and i weigh almost 140. this is getting depressing, and i can't let myself get any worse. i already know everyone is going to tell me to drink WATER WATER WATER. well i drink water 24/7. so now what? does walking really do anything? my mom has been a waitress for 20 years full time and is speed walking for practically 6 hours straight and that doesn't seem to be working for her.. so im thinking i have that same problem. i really don't have the time to run since im with my son every minute of the day. i need HELPPP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Do not dipair, you are not alone. Im in the same boat. I just heard of an experiment where a guy is checking to see if exercise really had anything to do with weight loss and so far he has only cut back on his eating and he has lost 50 lbs in 2 months. No exercise at all.
    Anonymous

• After my last baby I drank special K protein water and when I was on my lunch break at work I ate only chicken sandwiches from Wendys and fruit of my own. Also most foods u eat, look at the saturated fat, it's supposed to be under 3. I also switched to the Nickles 35 Calorie bread, it's like more than $1.50 I know but better for u. I also ate weight watchers stuff like including if I wanted ice cream.
    Anonymous

• portion control..and yes walking works just takes longer, and you already seem past the point of waiting...DOING ANYTHING physical helps...i played football with my SO and stayed out the house basically away from temptation and lost 12 pounds in a few weeks..dont expect it to come off quickly...you didnt gain it over night!!! but i know waiting SUCKS!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• oh and i only needed to lose 20lbs and it would have came off faster if i didn't wait till the baby was 6mths but as soon as I started work and eating more healthy, I lost it all.
    Anonymous

• Eating healthy also means beginning at the grocery store. Be sure and make a list of only good clean foods to buy and bring home for the entire family. Soda's, juices, chips, cookies, ice cream, frozen pizza, etc. are not foods, these are junk snacks.

I understand your plight. If I have any junk in the house at all, I WILL sneak bites of it, so I do my best to not buy them, and instead save my money for fresh fruits, fresh veg., good meats, eggs, and small necessities.

It really can be done and you'd be surprised how you can lose quick weight, at least for the first couple of weeks, just by eliminating sugar and junk calories from the diet.

Your mom may be "speed walking" but if she's eating fries, fried food, desserts, soda's, etc. from the restaurant, then she sabatoges the whole effort. You can learn to calorie count, and also to walk briskly for 30 min. every day and you'll see a diff. in no time. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Portion control, protein, water, those are good. I believe walking has kept my weight in check but not helped to lose much unless I'm walking a few miles. Everyone's bod is different but I went to the gym first time ever and did the eliptical and weights and weight came off.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I CUT OUT FAST FOOODS AND EATING OUT COMPLETELY !!! LOTS OF WATER , AND EVERY DAY I EAT A CUP OF OATMEAL AND COFEE W NON DAIRY CREAMER , LUNCH I EAT A SANWICH OR SALAD , AND FOR DINNER I EAT ANY MEAT GRILLED OR OVEN BAKED WITH RICE , OR VEGS . OR BOTH , I BEEN SNACKING ON STRING CHEEZ AND YOUGURTS 100 CALORIE ONES . AND I BUY THE 100 CALORIE PACK MUNCHEEZ , U HAVE TO EAT 3 TIMES A DAY AND SNACK (100 CALORIES OR LESS) BETWEEN LUNCH AND DINNER , THIS SUPPOSABLE GETS OUR METABOLISM GOING WHICH I HAVE A SUPER SLOW ONE , I'VE LOST ABOUT 15 LBS IN LESS THAN A MONTH , MY CLOTHES WERE FITTING REALLY TIGHT AND VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AND I REFUSE TO BUY BIGGER SIZES , SO NOW MY CLOTHES ARE BIG , I HAVE SMALLER CLOTHES FROM WHEN I LOST WEIGHT THE YEAR B4 LAST BUT I GOTTA LOSE A COUPLE OF MORE LBS.
    SGMAMI

Answer by SGMAMI at 7:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• OHH I MUNCH ON FRUITS TOO ... CHERRIES, APPLES, GRAPES, NECTARS,
    SGMAMI

Answer by SGMAMI at 7:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids. Stop buying junkfoods!!!!
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Rob

Answer by rkoloms at 7:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• calm down first!!!! And you don't have long for your goal.
    Water is good. But junk is NOT. The good news is, healthy stuff is cheaper than junk. Also, look at the nutritional value on things. My husband bought some oreos, tried offering me one, and I looked on the back and they are I think about 140 cals for TWO cookies. And who eats only 2 cookies? I didn't even check that fat or sugars in it, that was ENOUGH. Check out what you are eating!!!!
    Grilled, baked or broiled. Eat NOTHING fried. No fast food, sugar, cakes, pies. If you can, stick to non fat dairy IF you must have it . I'm not a dairy fan to begin with.

Feel free to message me, I have a bunch of tips!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2009