1ST BIRTHDAY!!!!!

My sons 1st birthday is coming up and I need some HELP!!
I need help on some boy themes also some help on cakes, I would LOVE to make him his own and need some ideas. What did you use for party favors? And what kind of toys did you buy for your kiddos for thier 1st birthday. Any info from your little ones 1st birthday would help
Thank You ladys!!!

NicolePB

Asked by NicolePB at 6:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son loves the thomas and friends theme song so I decided on a thomas/train theme. I didnt go overboard though! I found a thomas bday banner at a specialty store in town, and had walmart custom make a thomas and friends bday cake, which also came with a free small smash cake. just about everything else I got at the dollar tree (napkins, plate, utensils, balloons... etc). we had 2 fruit platters, iced tea, fruit punch and ginger ale and chips and dip. I got my son a bead maze puzzle since he likes playing with them at the dr's office. the party took place at my home. if he got tired or overwhelmed his room was right there! and we invited family who lived nearby and a few mutual friends. no party favors since the age range of children was so broad. they were entertained with my sons toys and I had a bubble machine in the backyard which the older kids had a blast with!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Check out the birthday themes here  http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html  1st bday themes could be monkey, prince, frog, Thomas the Train.  Look through them all.  When you pick the theme you like you can see the toys, favors, gifts, supplies, games, cakes, pinata etc.  You don't have to spend alot of money.  Buy a simple cake or cupcake and put a topper on it.  I think you will find what you need on the link. 

momjs

Answer by momjs at 7:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• We are giong to do a Monkey theme for my son's birthday in July.
    I found a cute cake idea online and then based the rest of the theme off of that.
    I was thinking of getting abubble machine as well
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I've been trying to think of ideas for my daughters 1st b-day too! I've looked at cakes on BettyCrocker.com and found some easy ideas on there otherwise I am just going to have the local grocery store make her one (they have better frosting)!! Then just get the rest of the supplies from the dollar store and make some bbq's or grill burgers & hot dogs or something for dinner and invite family over!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Thank You all for your ideas!! they are all great! I was so clueless......
    NicolePB

Answer by NicolePB at 4:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2009