IS it normal to have 1 contraction in an hour at 32 weeks?

I have been having tightening & sharp shooting vaginal pain since Saturday. I finally convinced the dr. to put me on the monitor & check. I had 1 contraction show up in the hour I was there which he said is normal. The baby's heartbeat & movement was fine so he would not do an ultrasound. HE said come back if I have 3 or more in an hour. The thing is that was laying down & I have been having more when I walk around since Saturday so I am just resting mostly. He jsut dismissed it as musculo-skeletal issues?? So is it really normal to have 1 contraction an hour? Should I get a second opinion like I am thinking about doing?

JaceyAmbrielle

Asked by JaceyAmbrielle at 6:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say sure, if it was braxton-hicks... I get them early, strong, and often. The sharp shooting vag pain is worrisome - is it actually in the vagina or does it feel like your cervix is being stabbed?

At any rate, just rest, my sister did end up having preterm labor after going to the hospital several times and being sent home "fine, just rest" ... you listen to your gut. If deep down you feel like it's fine, just weird, then go with that. But if everyone is saying, NO, it's normal, and part of you is saying NO IT IS NOT then that is what you have to go by. If everyone here said, "Oh, that's totally normal, it happened to me too!" would you feel relieved, and go on feeling reassured? If so, then it's probably fine. If that would leave you feeling like there is something wrong and *no one* is getting that, then that is a sign that part of you might know something. If that's the case, push for the care you need.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I am 33 weeks and i have beeing having pains somthings when i walk in my vaginal area to its weird idk what it is im not having any contractions. I have not said anything to my doc yet because it started this week and i go back to the doc next week.
    2009mommytobe

Answer by 2009mommytobe at 7:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Id say its just braxton hicks...as for the vaginal pain its probably just pressure from the baby lowering itself into your birth canal which is also totally normal...if doc isnt worried about it I totally wouldnt be either...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009