when to give teathing foods

my son will be 6 mos in 3 days and i was wondering when do most moms give their babies teething snacks or those puff snacks? he chews on everything, and wants our food so bad at dinner, i thought it would be nice to give him one while we eat.
also what about those net bag feeders, what do you put in them?? thanks

mrsaustin271

Asked by mrsaustin271 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the net bag feeders you can put anything in, usually frozen fruit.

I gave the Gerber biter biscuits at 6 months, you just have to watch them when they get toward the end. The puffs dissolve instantly. Really. Try one, lol. But get the Gerber brand - I have heard of less expensive brands not dissolving as well.

To really answer your question, I gave my daughter table foods at 6 months. If you can mash it with your tongue up against the roof of your mouth, they can smash it with their gums.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You can give teething biscuts when you want... just watch out they are messy and they CAN get chunks off so watch for choking.
    Puffs are great to start with as far as solids... they melt quickly.
    Mesh feeders... you can do things like fruit. We did frozen bananas when my son was teething, he liked that.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I took sliced bread, cut it into 3 pieces, and baked it at 200 for an hour. It makes a great teething biscuit, and is so cheap.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009