does how many children u have make more of mom?

i only have one 18mth old son at this point. whom is the the love of my life if i must say so .. and i know this is weird or is it ?? i dont feel like i will be a real mom until i have two... we cant afford another child at this point.. mybe this is a crzy silly way to think.. is the duggar mom more of a mom then some one with just one child???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't think it makes you more of a mom. Perhaps you have always wanted to have at least two children and that is why you feel that why?
    Anonymous

• I think it was harder when I just had one kid, personally. I have 5 now & things are crazy but at least there are always playmates for them. I think it is love for your children that makes you a mom, not the number of children.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• WIth 7 1/2 I might be a busier mom, but more of a mom...nope.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• At least your son has the advantage of having 100% of you. You are all the mom you can be, so be that mom to him! I'd hate to think that you are not a mom to your son, just because he is the only child you have. Have you really thought about what you are asking? I mean, how I interpret your question is this: You feel that your child is not enough to make you feel complete. You need two before you feel whole? Have another child before your first child gets a mother?
    You oughta re-evaluate your definition of "mother" hunny! LOL!
    btw what is a ''dugger mom"?
    Joylynn77

Answer by Joylynn77 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• The number of kids doesn't determine your worth as a mom. The quality of your mothering does. I think there are great moms with one kid and great moms with lots of kids. Same for bad ones. I do agree that maybe deep down you just wanted more and maybe feel like finaces are cheating you of that for now. You are a real mom.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• OOOOH, nvrmnd, I looked it up. LOL, just remember the vagina - its not a clown car!
    Joylynn77

Answer by Joylynn77 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• thank u joylynn77 i didnt think abt that.. im no less of a mom to my son just bc he doesnt have siblings...from his view in a way im saying by this ? he is not enough. which is so not what im trying to say at all...i do think that its also bc i do want a big family and i wish we could expand and its not the right time...i do have to see that this question kinda of short changed my son.. ok now i feel a little guilty and silly.. thnks for the thoughts
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter if you have one child or 20. Each child needs you as a parent. Each child needs you to recognize their unique talents, strengths, to provide unconditional love, protection, food, .... all the good stuff a parent can give. A child doesn't recognize that another mother is MORE than you because that mom has a whole baseball team. All a child experiences is the mothering you provide. As far as very large families...if it works for you great. But in many large families some children get lost in the shuffle. Sometimes large doesn't work for everyone. You have to do what is comfortable and what is the best for your family right now and not worry about what is missing. What you have right in front of you is a child that calls you Mommy. That makes you a mommy.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Nope. Any number is good. I respect people who have more than me, and don't make fun of them. I respect those with less than me.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• no, a mom is what you do, not how many kids you pop out.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2009