okay SOO this doesn't work.

my son won't eat his veggies. i have tried over and over and over to let him try them and he won't. i even tried not feeding him until he eats his veggies.. turns out he'd rather starve then eat them. what else can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Did you start spoon feeding him pureed veggies? Like carrots you steamed and then pureed? Try that, it makes the transition to veggies easier, I think.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Small children's taste buds are constantly changing, that is why people recommend to just keep trying.

For my daughter she likes the sweeter veggies - peas, carrots, sweet potatoes. I can hardly get her to eat any green beans, corn, broccoli or anything else.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• my son will usually eat anything off of my plate. If he has the same thing its not good enough, he wants mine. There are many things you can do. One is always gave some sort of veggie with a meal and don't give him anything else unless he takes a bite at least, offer dips with veggies, make veggies fun... like may a face with it or something, compare them to things he likes... ohh this pea looks like a green ball, add it in a dish combined with other foods.... like mac and cheese with peas inside. I hope this helps :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I agree with precious333. If they are able to eat wel you could give them yogurt to dip veggies in or melted cheese on top.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My son likes green beans dipped in catchup! ew.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• My son will anything that is drenched in ranch dressing...of course I will too
    My son only likes raw veggies, broccolli, cauliflower, carrots, salad, celery. It was just trial and error. I don't force him to eat veggies I know he doesn't like, like peas or green beans
    Harrisonsmommie

Answer by Harrisonsmommie at 8:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• check into this "Purple Puree" My Mom made some brownies with this for my son. we had a hard time gitting him not to eat too much, and I could harly tell. one of the main things in it was spinach. She found the recipe from a book called "the Sneaky Cheif" this puree can be used is a lot of food. and have veggies as a side dish and if she doesn't eat them then fine. *wink* want a brownie?
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• I've found a couple ways to sneak veggies to my daughter because she too, absolutely refuses to eat them. One way that works amazingly is to buy jars of stage two baby food veggies and make them into a "sauce" to pour over whatever she's eating. I'll season it a little to make it tastier, but not too much. I usually pour it over whole-wheat pasta and/or bite-size chicken. I put just enough to coat her food because at this age serving sizes are very small and they probably need a lot less than you'd think. I dont know why this works, but it works amazingly with my daughter.

Another thing I'll do is just chop up the veggies sooo small and put them into sandwiches(grilled cheese or tuna melts work great with this), inside chicken nuggets, or just mix them into whatever else she's eating so she doesnt even know their there. I know it's a lot of extra work, but it's worth it for a healthy kid
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Try frozen peas, blueberries and corn; they will get rolled around, and some will get eaten.
    Kids love to dip: fruit in yogurt, veggies in hummus or salad dressing, whole wheat pasta and steamed veggies in marinara
    Avocado is one of those foods that kids love, and is loaded with fiber and good fats.
    Kiwi is a nutritonal powerhouse, loaded with potassium, vitamin C and fiber.
    Make a smoothie: frozen blueberries, frozen banana (masks the kale) Kale (iron and calcium) orange juice (vitamin c to increase absorbtion of iron) and yogurt.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• you also can glaze carrots in honey or maple syrup. Sweet potatoes are great with cinnamon,butter, and brown sugar.
    Tirzahsmom

Answer by Tirzahsmom at 4:49 PM on Jun. 6, 2009