I need some ideas for weight lose for my type of everyday/night schedual...any ideas??

I am a 23 yr old at home mom with a 3 year old boy that i have every other week (joint custody issues). I also have a spouse that works nights so its very easy to get caught onto her sleeping shedual at times when i dont have my son. its hard to find ways/times to work out cuz my eating patterns and exercise is so random....im trying to lose at least 50lbs...i weigh almost 200lbs...im so irritated cuz i cant get anything consistent going.
help please!

2momsandsuave

Asked by 2momsandsuave at 7:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I have heard that instead of a chair sit on one of those balls because it uses stomach muscles...Is there any time that you can start walking?
    Anonymous

• you can start small by cutting soda and junk food totally out of your diet. you won't believe how much weight you can lose just doing that alone.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 8:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• For me I get up early(an hour before dd does)and take a run on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day...also cutting out the junk and the soda like the pp said does help alot.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• exercise is great for a body BUT i am telling you all you have to do is EAT FRUITS, VEGETABLES, MEAT (is fine too) and drink water! water water water! just try it one day at a time and see what happens. oh and whole grain cereals. they keep the digestion churnin. ha! like the girl said above, cut out junk food and pop (soda, whatever lol). you will feel great too, for realness.
    darcierg

Answer by darcierg at 12:24 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 AM on Jun. 5, 2009